Race Day is around the corner, and you would have received your Race Confirmation Email by now (SMSes will be sent out before Registration opens).
If you have entered, we can’t wait to host you on 29 September. Please review the final Athlete Instructions below, or DOWNLOAD IT HERE.
2019 Medihelp trapNET: Final Race Instructions
Thank you for being a part of the Medihelp trapNET weekend of cycling festivities!
In order to give you the best experience, we would like to share some important information with you.
EVENTS & DATES:
Friday 27, September 2019 : Cycling Market and Registration from 10h00 to19h00
Saturday, 28 September 2019 : Cycling Market and Registration from 09h00 to 16h00
Saturday, 28 September 2019 : Junior trapNET 10h00 and 12h00
Sunday, 29 September 2019 : Medihelp trapNET from 06h30
The iconic SUPERSPORT PARK in West Avenue, Centurion.
REGISTRATION (Race Number Collection):
Enter SuperSport Park from the main gate in West Avenue, Centurion. There is plenty of safe and free parking available.
You will be required to produce your valid CSA membership at Registration, or you will be required to purchase an Event Day License at the cost of R35. Please note that only cash will be accepted.
Make sure to take a walk through the Medihelp trapNET Cycling Market once you have collected your race number.
Entry to the market and parking is free of charge.
– CYCLING MARKET GIVEAWAY:
Collect your complimentary Medihelp Buff from the Medihelp stand at the Cycling Market.
Make sure you arrive at SuperSport Park at least one hour prior to your start time.
Please take note of the road closures around the venue. Do not park illegally, or on / in front of any residential properties; vehicles that do so will be towed away. Please ensure that your vehicle doesn’t attract a criminal element: Don’t leave valuables in plain sight, and don’t leave your bicycle attached to your vehicle’s tow bar without a lock.
Secure paid parking will be available at SuperSport Park on Sunday. Parking tickets will be on sale at Registration for R30.
The race will start and finish at SuperSport Park.
The organisers have worked with the City of Tshwane to secure a mix of full road and lane closures to ensure that your race is a safe and enjoyable one. Where lane closures are in place, you will be required to ride in the left lane, with controlled traffic flow on the right. Please comply with the instructions from marshals, Race and Traffic officials at all times.
Please familiarise yourself with the route and road closures at the end of this document, or on the website.
TIMING BY RACETEC:
Timing Chips are compulsory. No Chip – No Result.
The following cut-off times will be in place on Race Day:
- 10h00 – 40km at Refreshment Station 2
- 12h00 – 71km at Refreshment Station 4
- Finish line at 13h30
Cyclists who miss the cut-off along the route may not continue with the race. Sweep buses with trucks will be in position at the cut-off points to transport cyclists with their bicycles back to the venue.
All cyclists entering the venue after the race will be required to place their bicycles in a secure Bike Park. You will be issued with a unique tag for yourself and your bicycle.
Prize giving will take place at 11h00, and only once the last racing groups have finished the race and the results have been signed off by CSA. RaceTec Chips are compulsory for all racing groups. Prize winners must be present at prize-giving.
There will be a draw for the grand prize of a VIP trip to the Pinarello Gran Fondo in Italy. All participants who have entered by midnight 16 September 2019 will automatically be in this draw but must be present at the event to receive the prize.
Limited late entries will be available on Friday and Saturday at Registration, at R380 per entry. No late entries will be taken on race day.
TOG BAG FACILITY:
There will be a secure Tog Bag facility at the start area of the race on Sunday.
We have dedicated Safety, Security and Medical teams both at the venue and on the route. Please call the following number in case of any emergencies: 012 663 2111.
ASG The Store Pretoria will provide mechanical support at the Start. There will be no mechanical support along the route; please be self-sufficient and ensure that you have spares. If you need to withdraw from the race due to mechanical issues, there will be a Sweep Vehicle and Truck at the back of the race to collect riders and their bicycles.
If you have little ones (up to Grade R), why not sign them up for the Junior trapNET, taking place on Saturday 28 September. The 1km course is within the secure SuperSport Park precinct, and the ride covers areas on tar, smooth gravel and grass. Children can do as many laps as they please within the one hour time limit.
Children can be on any form of bicycle (e.g. tricycle, Y-bike, push bike) but parents/guardians must be on foot. There are two start times to choose from; one at 10h00 and one at 12h00. All children will receive a Twizza water and a medal. No children may participate without a parent or guardian. Enter at www.trapnet.co.za
Each entry includes one parent.
JUNIOR trapNET LATE ENTRIES:
Late entries will be available on Friday and Saturday at Registration.
JUNIOR trapNET RACE NUMBER COLLECTION:
SuperSport Park, Centurion
- Friday 27 September 2019 from 10:00 to 19:00
- Saturday 28 September 2019 from 09:00 to 12:00
For further event related information please visit www.trapnet.co.za
The Medihelp trapNET Organisers
ROUTE DESCRIPTION & ROAD CLOSURE DETAILS:
START in West Avenue (toward the N1 Highway)
- Full closure from South Street to John Vorster Drive
LEFT into Centaurus Road
- Closure of left carriageway
LEFT into Olievenhoutbosch Road
- Full closure from Centaurus Road to Jean Avenue
- Closure of left carriageway from Jean Avenue to Main Road
RIGHT into Main Road
- Full closure from Alexander Road to Nellmapius Drive
LEFT into Nellmapius Drive (M31)
- Managed closure from Main Road to Van Ryneveld Avenue. Controlled accommodation for residents exiting Cornwall Hill Estate with the flow of cyclists
- Lane closure from Van Ryneveld Avenue to Boeing Street (M57)
- Full closure from Boeing Street (M57) to Delmas Road
RIGHT onto Delmas Road (R50)
- Full closure from Nellmapius Drive to R25 Kempton Park turnoff
- Lane closure from R25 Kempton Park turnoff to R25 Bronkhorstspruit/R51
LEFT at R51 onto R25 Bronkhorstspruit
- Lane closure from R51 to M6
- Traffic will travel with the flow of cyclists on the incorrect side of the road. Road closed at R515 so no traffic coming from the front.
LEFT onto M6 / Graham Road
- Full closure from R25 Bronkhorstspruit to Silverlakes Road
- Lane closure from Silverlakes Road to Solomon Mahlangu Drive
LEFT onto Solomon Mahlangu Drive
- Lane closure from Lynwood Drive to Atterbury Road
- Closure of left carriageway from Atterbury Road to Garsfontein Road
- Lane closure from Garsfontein Road to Van Ryneveld Avenue
LEFT onto Van Ryneveld Avenue
- Managed closure from Solomon Mahlangu Drive to Mustang Road
- Controlled accommodation for residents exiting Bayside Road
- Controlled accommodation for residents exiting Jim Verster towards Mustang Road (coned lane for vehicles)
RIGHT into Theron Road
- Full closure from Van Ryneveld Avenue to River Road
LEFT into River Road
- Closure of left carriageway from Kruger/Theron Road to West Avenue
- Contraflow traffic on opposite carriageway
LEFT into West Avenue
- Full closure from Lenchen Avenue to South Street
FINISH – At entrance to SuperSport Park
Have a safe ride!!